Resources and Training
- Request Security Awareness and Training Session for your department
Security awareness is the cornerstone of ensuring security in an organization. Awareness not only helps people to better protect themselves and the organization, it also helps to build an overall organization culture that is conscious of information security. If you feel like an security awareness training is appropriate for your department, please complete and submit the request below to schedule a training session for your department.
- Training Coverage: The basic security training is designed as an overarching informative session that consists of the following items:
- University and Hospital Policies and Procedures Overview
- Threats and attack vectors - How are the attackers getting to us
- Workstation security - Tips and tricks on securing your workstations.
- Physical security - Tips on securing your belongings in offices and public areas.
- Data and communication security - How to safely send and receive information
- Remote Access Resources - Introduction to VCU approved remote access tools
- Business continuity - what to consider in case of emergency
- Resources and Contacts - Security tools and contacts
- Security Awareness Training Request
Please follow the link below to complete and submit the training request form:
Security Awareness Training Online Request
- Other security awareness resources