MCV Hospitals Ethics Committee
The MCVH Ethics Committee meets two times a month to review cases and policies. These primarily involve patient care within VCUHS, but occasionally the committee reviews cases from outside institutions where our faculty also work. Anyone connected to a case can ask for the committee’s input—patient, family, nurses, students, housestaff, attendings, consultants, or others.
To speak with an ethics committee member call 804-828-0938.
- Joann Bodurtha, M.D., Departent of Human and Molecular Genetics
- Patrick J. Coyne, M.S.N., A.P.R.N., B.C., Oncology/Palliative Care, VCUHS
- John Douglass, J.D., Attorney, University of Richmond
- Paul Fairman, M.D., Pulmonary/Department of Internal Medicine
- Ken Faulkner, Pastoral Care, VCUHS
- Emily Garofalo, R.N., Cardiovascular Transplant/CSICU, VCUHS
- Denese Gomes, R.N., Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, VCUHS
- Michael Goodman, J.D., Attorney, Goodman, Allen & Filetti
- James Levenson, M.D., Chair, Department of Psychiatry
- Mark Levy, M.D., Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery
- Laurie Lyckholm, M.D., Hem/Onc, Department of Internal Medicine
- Sheila Nichols-Bullock, Social Work, VCU
- Linda Pearson, MCVH Administration
- Brian Porter, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., Department of Pediatrics
- Robert Redmon, Ph.D., Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies, VCU
- Lex Tartaglia, Vice-Chair Patient Counseling, VCUHS
- Harold Young, M.D., Department of Surgery
Ethics committee list updated April 20, 2005.